Have an Apple watch and want to stay on top of your fitness goals? The best way to go is to install any of the best health apps for Apple Watch.
Basically, fitness apps for Apple Watch help users keep track of their fitness goals anytime they want. But, the problem is that most people are confused about the selection of the best fitness app for their Apple watches.
In this guide, we’ve covered the 17 best health-fitness apps for your Apple watch which will help you take care of your fitness goals. So let’s get started:
Top 17 Health & Fitness Apps for Apple Watch
There are a lot of fitness apps that come under various categories. So based on your fitness goals, you need to choose the one that fits your goals.
Calm is one of the best apps for your Apple watch. There are tons of comprehensive health-related features. It provides guides on meditation, breathing exercises, stretching, and more.
- It is specially designed for meditation and mindfulness.
- It contains an Emergency Calm feature, for resolving tension and anxiety.
- It contains walks and stretching sessions that count your daily activities and you can easily monitor them too.
- Free plan
- $14.99/ month
- $69.99/ year
Happier as the name suggests is the Apple Watch health app targeted towards making users happier.
Most of us today have a poor lifestyle. This is because of excess workload, spending the majority of time in front of a computer screen, etc. Global depression and anxiety rates are at an all-time high. The biggest contributing factor to this is high screen time.
If you’re facing the same issues and looking for a happier life and a healthy lifestyle, Happier should be your choice.
- Specially designed to help users stay happy and healthier.
- It helps to improve your productivity and creativity.
- Based on your health level and mood. It will guide you properly.
- Available for free
Headspace provides you with a complete guide to meditation and mindfulness. It contains hundreds of tutorials that guide you on how to meditate properly along with plenty of breathing exercises.
- It contains many categories, such as anxiety management, stress relief, focus or happiness, etc.
- You can only choose from SOS and Touch on Apple Watch and both modes help quickly bring you to a place of relaxation and focus.
- Free plan
- $12.99 per month
- $94.99 per year
If you love sports, definitely try out Starva. It’s one of the fitness apps for Apple Watch owners.
Whether you are a cyclist, runner, or hiker. This app has tons of guides to help you learn more about the sport, and improve your skillset. It helps to track essential statistical data, related to distance, speed, pace, average heart rate, and calories burned.
All this data is incredibly useful to keep track of your fitness goals.
- Tracks physical data while you’re doing different activities, such as swimming, yoga, rock climbing, weightlifting, etc.
- It offers customized training plans, live feedback, and much more.
- Users can track their live locations.
- Free plan
- $59.99 per year
MapMyRun is specially designed for people who want to lose weight while running. If running is your primary goal when you want to get fit,t then MapMyRun is almost perfect.
There are tons of guides and tutorials that you can use to improve your runs, and fitness goals.
- It provides almost all the statistical data related to running.
- It provides data related to your mile split times.
- Its premium version helps to provide heart rate zone analysis, specialized training plans, live tracking, safety features, etc.
- Through its live tracking features, your friends on the app can track your running.
- Free plan
- $5.99 per month
Unhealthy and junk foods have become the biggest reason for major health issues. If you want to change your eating habits and want to improve your physical condition, then Lifesum is a great option.
Lifesum is one of the best Apple Watch fitness apps that help those people who want to focus on healthy eating nutrition and stay away from unhealthy and junk foods.
- Help you start with a nutritious diet that fits your lifestyle and taste.
- Lifesum counts your calories, tracks your meals and discovers healthy recipes, and logs processes to achieve your goal.
- It shows your progress through a cartoon character.
- After integrating with both the iPhone and Apple Watch, it presents a more comprehensive picture of your diet-related statistics.
- Free plan
- Subscription plan: $49.99 per year
Streaks has become one of the best habit-tracking apps for iPhone users. It comes with a customizable habit tracker. Whether you want to start from the small or big changes in your life, it helps you in both conditions.
Whatever fitness changes you’re trying to make in your life, Streaks can help you do so.
- It comes with around 600 tasks including positive and negative goals to be completed or repeated.
- It lets you view your growth through clear statistics.
- Every health and fitness app comes with some basic features like customizing your goals on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis and sending push notifications to let you remind your progress.
- Free plan
- Premium plan: $ 31.99/month
Gymaholic is a fitness app that focuses mainly on health goals with personalized guidance. It can be one of the best Apple watch fitness apps for your Apple watch. It helps to track almost 400 different exercises.
- It helps to achieve goals without personalized workout programs, nutrition tips, a workout tracker, and a planner.
- It provides easy and effective workout tracking facilities that allow you to see statistical data on your daily workout activities.
- Free plan
- Subscription plan: $31.99/month
Clue is one of the best Apple Watch fitness apps aimed at women. It helps women get through their menstruation cycles easily. However that’s not the only purpose of the app.
With Clue, users can keep track of their ovulation cycles and other biological processes. Once you integrate the app with your Apple Watch, it provides you with important updates such as the expected time of cramps, cravings, and more.
- Clue understands your biological processes such as menstruation cycles, ovulation, etc.
- The premium version offers extra features like letting you know when you might experience cramps, cravings, etc.
- Free plan
- Subscription plan: $1/month
10. Pocket Yoga
It is a very easy-to-use yoga app. Plus, it’s a great Apple Watch workout apps for Yoga lovers. Using this app you can do your yoga at any time anywhere with proper instructions.
All you need at any given time is your yoga mat. You can get all the guides and audio instructions on your Apple Watch.
- Pocket Yoga is the best fitness app for Apple Watch in the field of yoga.
- It provides yoga exercises with guided audio and visual instructions.
- You can choose nearly 20 different flows and it helps to track your yoga practices and examine your progress.
- Subscription plan: $3/month
There can’t be a list of fitness apps of any kind without MyFitnessPal. MyFitnessPal is definitely one of the best health apps for Apple Watch.
Whatever your fitness goal or health goal may be, chances are MyFitnessPal covers all of it. It was designed to focus on your overall fitness including your health, weight, nutrition, running, etc.
- MyFitnessPal is a very popular application because it contains a massive nutritional database.
- This Apple Watch workout app is a very simple and useful application.
- It presents data related to ideal calorie consumption for a day and macronutrient breakdown as well.
- Free plan
The ECG app measures your heart activities like the upper and lower chambers of your heart rate, your heart rhythm, etc.
- ECG can detect some unusual activities of the body and alert it but it is not that much accurate.
- It detects irregular heart activities.
This application is originally designed to show how well your heart is working. First, a Cardiogram takes heart rate data that your Apple Watch collects prior. And then it provides insight into the reaction of your heart to certain foods, exercises, and more.
This is one of the best Apple Watch fitness apps for those who suffer from heart conditions.
- It is good to check your heart activities.
- It shows you an insight into your health.
14. Nike Training Club
The popular company Nike developed this app. Nike Training Club provides a broad collection of at-home and at-gym workouts according to body area and intensity as well.
- It is the best Apple Watch fitness app for gym exercises.
- It is good for the sportsperson.
15. Round Health
There is no need to tell you about the importance of a balanced diet. Unfortunately, not everyone is able to focus on having a proper diet. Or, sometimes it’s not possible to have a balanced diet with hectic lifestyles.
If you’re looking to drastically change your eating habits, then Round Health is a great app. It provides you with insights on what you need to include in your diet. Which foods are full of which nutrients, and much more.
The best part is that the app is completely free to use, so you can try it out for yourself.
- It is good to know about the involving essence of the food. Like about the vitamins.
- It is good to remind about medicine intake.
16. Smart Gym
Smart Gym is an amazing fitness app that is mainly designed for gym lovers. It guides you properly about fitness with the help of plenty of fitness exercises.
- It provides details about goals, weight, sets, etc. It also contains a rest timer as well.
- Smart Gym helps to track body measurements, such as BMI measurement, Body- Fat percentage measurement, etc.
- Free with in-app purchases
As its name says WaterMinder helps to focus on your water intake. As everyone knows the human body is made up of 70% of water and every adult requires 3 liters of water per day.
Even after knowing this, not all of us are able to stay hydrated. WaterMinder is basically a fitness app that reminds you to stay hydrated. It’s a completely free app, so you can use it whenever you want.
- Waterminder is originally designed to remind and assure that you have taken water.
- If your water intake is less than ideal then Waterminder provides you with notifications and alerts.
This concludes our list of the best health apps for Apple Watch. We’ve categorized these apps into multiple categories so you can choose an app based on your fitness goals.
- Best Workout Apps for Meditation: Calm, Happier, Handspace, and Pocket yoga.
- Best Health Apps for Running: Strava, MapMyRun
- Best Watch Health Apps: Lifesum, Streaks, Clue, MyFitnessPal, ECG, Cardiogram, Round Health, and Waterminder.
- Best Fitness Apps for Weight Training: Gymaholic, Nike Training Club, Smart Gym.