Can’t decide between Semrush vs Ahrefs? This is the guide to keep looking out for. Both these tools allow you to do keyword research, do competitor analysis, keep track of ratings, monitor backlinks, and do so much more. All you need to do is use the tools that fit the needs of your business.
Let’s start on with our guide for Semrush vs Ahrefs.
Why Use SEO Tools for Online Business?
Without an SEO tool, there’s no way to find if your SEO efforts are working or not. The right SEO tool can help you get more traffic on your website as you know where to direct your efforts to.
Here are some of the common things that you can do with Semrush vs Ahrefs:
1. Keep Track of Search Engine Ranking
Both Semrush and Ahrefs allow users to easily track their search engine rankings, you can just type in your URL to the search bar of the tool to check how well your website is performing on search engines. Users can also manually track keywords and see how your website is performing on those keywords.
2. Optimize Content
These SEO tools help you build SEO-friendly content that can help you get better rankings on search engines. Semrush and Ahrefs offer content auditing tools that you can use to improve SEO rankings.
3. Track Competitors
Semrush and Ahrefs can help you spy on your competitors, and it’s as simple to track their SEO strategy as it is to track your own website’s performance. You can check which keywords your competitors are focusing on and then you can make efforts on those keywords as well.
4. Keyword Analysis
Most businesses end up losing tons of traffic on their website as they don’t know which keywords you should use and what you shouldn’t on your website. All top SEO software tools help you find keyword ideas that can increase visitors to your website.
5. Track Backlinks
Semrush and Ahrefs can help the users keep track of backlinks to any URL coming back to your website or your domain. You can verify who links to your website and improve your link-building strategy. Backlinks can literally be considered as the backbone of your SEO strategies.
Semrush vs Ahrefs: Complete Comparison
Now without wasting time, let’s start our complete comparison of Semrush vs Ahrefs.
Semrush is one of the most famous SEO tools available in the industry. The history of Semrush is rich, it was launched as an extension of Firefox named SEO Digger, then it was renamed to SeoQuake, and ultimately it was renamed to Semrush.
Semrush offers a great all-in-one solution to do keyword analysis, manage search engine rankings, and content marketing under one roof.
Features of Semrush:
- Keyword Research Tool: Semrush offers a great and extensive keyword research tool that can provide keyword ideas and track your performance on keywords.
- Competition Research: With Semrush, it is possible to keep track of the competitors and what organic keywords they’re targeting. To start competitor research, you should enter your own domain name to find your main competitors.
- Local SEO Monitoring: Manage your business listing, perform site audits, and so much more
- Comprehensive Ad Monitoring: You can monitor the ads you’re running such as PPC keyword too, domain monitoring, ad research tool, and other features.
- Social Media Management: Directly post to social media platforms, keep track of social media postings, advertising research tools, and others.
- Content Analysis Tool: These tools can help you measure the performance of your content and what you can do to improve the content.
- Reports: You can build and download reports for individual projects, or you can create custom reports for different domains, URLs, and keywords.
Ease of Use
Semrush offers too much data for new customers which can be overwhelming initially. Fortunately, it offers a simple and easy-to-use dashboard that works. The search bar at the top which you can use for keyword analysis, domain research, and get content analysis.
On the left sidebar, you get access to all the tools which are organized neatly. Each section comes with its own dashboard. If you’re running into trouble while using the platform, Semrush offers a huge collection of “how-to-guide.”
Semrush offers one of the most comprehensive SEO toolkits and the data leveraged by them provides you with all the information you need in an easy-to-understand format.
Ahrefs is one of the best SEO tools and it offers as comprehensive of a toolkit as Semrush. The tool came into existence in 2010 as a site explorer tool, and since then Ahrefs has grown into full-fledged SEO software for businesses, agencies, and SEO agents.
Ahrefs offers all the features that you are hard to get into any other SEO software in a simpler interface and other resources.
Features of Ahrefs:
- Website Audit: Ahrefs offers an incredible site audit tool that you can use to optimize your website as per your needs.
- Site Explorer: This is Ahref’s counterpart to Semrush for competitor analysis. You can keep track of your competitor’s strategy. You can also find out our competitor’s best keywords and learn what to do to rank higher.
- Keyword Explorer: Find out keyword ideas for your website and keep track of your performance on different keywords.
- Content Explorer: You can find the most effective keywords for your business and rank higher on the search engine result pages.
- Clicks Information: Ahrefs offers click data for keywords which can help you get a better idea of search volume and also offer estimated click data.
- Keyword Tracker: With this tool, you can track which keywords are performing how well. You can filter the data based on geographical location, desktop, and mobile.
Ease of Use
Ahrefs is simple to use compared to Semrush and they offer an easy-to-use dashboard with all the tools tucked into each other. Going through each tool is quite easy and if you’re having trouble finding something, you can go through on-screen help.
Ahrefs has a huge library of articles, how-to guides, video tutorials, and SEO guides. These can come in handy if you don’t have enough knowledge of the tools.
Conclusion: Semrush vs Ahrefs
If it’s about our personal choice, then Semrush is the best SEO software according to us. It has better features, ease of use, and offers better value for money. Bloggers and multiple website owners can have endless benefits using Semrush.