Many users don’t have enough space in their email and don’t want to delete their email data. In this situation, they can use email backup software to back up their email files.
With email backup software, you can save email data to your computer, external hard drive, or the cloud. Protecting your data is crucial, one small misstep could cause you to lose everything.
For businesses with a lot of valuable information on email, investing in email backup software is a great idea.
There are tons of email backup services to choose from. Here’s our guide to help you choose the best email backup software in 2023.
Needs the Best Email Backup Software
- Many email users are using email backup software to protect their data from malware and ransomware attacks.
- Using effective email backup software, you can free up your main email folder.
- You can easily save your old emails digitally and restore them according to your need.
Top 10 Email Backup Tools
An effective email backup software enables you to take easy backups from Gmail, Outlook, and Hotmail. The list of the 10 backup software is arranged below:
1. EaseUS Todo Backup Free
EaseUS Todo Backup Free is one of the best email backup software you will find. It is used most commonly by Outlook users.
EaseUS allows users to back up their email data locally, into an external drive, or in the EaseUS cloud itself. If you’re an individual, you won’t even have to spend anything as there’s a free 250GB cloud offer for everyone.
- There’s an automatic daily, weekly, and monthly backup feature. You can choose a backup period based on how much data you want to back up.
- Using this backup tool, you can easily take a complete backup of your email files.
- The incremental and differential backup features are amazing.
- It provides a free cloud storage space of 250GB. You can back up your emails, contacts, and calendars.
- EaseUS includes an incredible file recovery feature.
- You can protect your data from accidental deletions and malware attacks.
- Sometimes it fails to read the external hard drives.
2. SysTools Email Backup Wizard
SysTools Email Backup Wizard is one of the best email backup services that includes powerful safety features. It helps you to protect your data from hackers and malware attacks. Similar to EaseUS, you can take a backup of your data in a local drive, external hard drive, or the cloud.
It’s mostly preferred by Hotmail and Gmail users to perform a backup of their email files. You can set up filters and back up essential emails to avoid taking a backup of junk emails.
- It is a user-friendly email backup tool that enables you to take effortless backups of your emails.
- Using SysTools Email Backup Wizard, you can easily save your email data locally and on the cloud.
- You can easily back up Gmail and Hotmail.
- Using this backup service, you can back up essential email files and avoid unnecessary data files.
- Using its trial version, you can only take a backup of up to 100 emails.
- Email backup takes a lot of time.
3. KLS Mail Backup
Using KLS Mail Backup, you can easily back up your emails, contacts, bookmarks, calendars, etc. You can save data on local hard drive, external hard drive, and the cloud. If you use multiple email services (Gmail, Outlook), you can use KLS Mail to take backups of all services.
KLS Mail Backup is a free email backup software and it is famous for its user-friendly UI. There’s nothing bad about KLS, so you can definitely give it a shot.
- You can take backup of your emails in a Zip file format to save storage.
- It supports almost all email platforms including Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, and Windows Mail.
- It also enables you to save your data files on local drives as well as in the cloud.
- You can get back up on only a predefined email.
4. MailStore Home
MailStore Home is a free email backup service that enables you to save your email files locally as well as on the cloud. It is a free email backup software available for both Windows and macOS.
Additionally, it supports all email types including Gmail, Outlook, Windows Mail, etc. It ensures the safety of data files.
- It supports almost all email platforms including Gmail, Outlook, Windows Mail, etc.
- Allows you to back up multiple accounts.
- You can also take internal as well as external email backups.
- You can easily find emails using the search feature.
- It offers an encrypted backup feature.
- Customer support service needs improvement.
- It consumes time to re-index archives.
5. UpSafe Gmail Backup
UpSafe Gmail Backup software is another great email backup software. The backup and restore features allow you to easily restore your email files from anywhere. The best part is that UpSafe is free to use.
UpSafe Gmail Backup offers automatic backup as well as manual backup features. Based on your preference, you can select any mode of email backup. Most of the UpSafe users use it just for backing up their Gmail accounts.
- It is a fantastic email backup software that maintains a complete record of all backups.
- Using this backup software, you can simply save your email data on the cloud.
- It offers both manual and automatic backup features.
- UpSafe supports Office 365 backup as well.
- You have to break down data into multiple backups.
- It doesn’t offer any individual message delete button.
6. Handy Backup
Handy Backup offers a 128-bit encryption feature that makes it one of the best email backup tools. It protects your data from malware attacks as well as accidental deletions. Using Handy Backup, you can easily save your backup data to the cloud, USBs, and other local drives.
According to your need, Handy Backup can also take backup of your files, folders, and hard drive partitions. It supports almost all email platforms including Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook and Thunderbird, etc. You can use it for free.
- Handy Backup offers a user-friendly platform interface and users can easily back up their email data on it.
- It has a 128-bit encryption feature that ensures the security of the data.
- Handy Backup supports almost all email platforms.
- You can save your backup data into local storage, or cloud storage as well as on USB drives.
- The customer support system is lazy and takes time to give feedback.
- It doesn’t provide any notification if the backup process fails.
7. Gmvault Gmail Backup
Gmvault Gmail Backup is a free backup software and you can easily download it from the internet. This amazing backup service is commonly used by Gmail users.
Gmvault Gmail Backup is a highly customizable and user-friendly email backup service that secures users’ email files. To prevent the situation of data loss, you can use the Gmvault Gmail Backup service.
Gmvault Gmail Backup provides a reliable encryption technique that makes data encryption strong and steady. This platform is generally used by Gmail users to protect their data from malware attacks and accidental deletions.
- It enables you to take backups of multiple Gmail accounts.
- Reliable encryption technique to make data encryption strong.
- It offers amazing backup and restores features. Using Gmvault Gmail Backup you can easily store your email files on local drives as well as in the cloud.
- It doesn’t have any way to throttle bandwidth.
8. Google Takeout
Google Takeout allows you to take backups of all your Google products including Google Photos, Google Drive, Gmail, etc. It is super user-friendly and using its official site you can take a backup of your email data.
Google Takeout is a popular backup service and many Gmail users are using it to back up their emails, photos, calendars, and other files. You can easily back up data of all Google products with just a single click.
- You can easily take a backup of all of your Google accounts.
- It offers an amazing user interface, thus you can easily back up all your data.
- You can only backup Google products and it doesn’t support other email platforms.
- Without having a fast and steady internet connection, you can’t back up your data from Google Takeout.
- You may not be able to take a backup of multiple Gmail accounts at the same time.
9. SaaS Data Protection
It is one of the best data backup platforms. Using it you can easily back up your Google Workspace and transfer its data into a custom cloud storage. It offers easy email backups as well.
To enhance data safety, SaaS Data Protection has opened multiple data centers throughout the world. You can choose to sign up on a free plan or if you want additional features, you can get a subscription.
- Using it you can transfer data from your Google Workspace into a custom cloud storage or save it locally.
- It provides 24×7 customer support and you can easily talk to its support staff via phone or email.
- It provides complete recovery of email files.
- Its trial version comes with limited storage space.
10. Zook Email Backup
Zook Email Backup is an amazing email backup service that supports more than 85 email types, thus you can easily take backup of your email files. It secures your email files and according to your need, you can take a backup of your emails.
It enables users to perform a cloud-to-cloud backup or save data on local drives. The data migration features are fantastic that allow you to migrate backup data to different mailboxes. It is one of the most powerful email backup services, thus it charges $99 for its amazing email backup services.
- It supports almost all email types.
- You can easily perform a complete backup of your emails.
- You can easily take cloud server as well as email server backups.
- You can easily save your emails as an IMAP account.
- Using its advanced backup features, you can easily perform a backup of essential emails and avoid a backup of unnecessary emails.
- It is an expensive backup service that takes a lot of time to set up.
- It does not have an intuitive user platform.
- Sometimes it provides duplicate email files.
Using email backup software, you can protect yourself from malware attacks and unintentional deletions. An effective email backup tool secures your email files and provides easy data recovery.
You can also use an email backup service if you’re running out of storage. In this situation, you can save your data in an email backup tool.