If you own a small business, you are on the right track in trying to make your presence felt in the digital realm. And remember, in that case, it will become even more important for you to reflect upon these useful website creation tips. Let’s begin:
1. Choose The Most Interesting Domain Name
This will be your first step towards creating a fabulous website that is successful from the start. Your domain name should be easy to spell and must not include any rhetoric or slang in it at all. Make sure that it is as short as possible. You will also have to use the proper domain extension depending on the type of website you are trying to create. Experts usually suggest that you should avoid any numbers and hyphens as well. You will have to ensure that your domain name is not only memorable but catchy as well. The URL should be SEO-friendly too.
2. What About The User Interface Of Your Website
You will also have to include attractive call-to-action buttons throughout your website. Make sure to include high-resolution yet easy-to-load images so that your page load time is not compromised. You must also remain consistent throughout the design of your website to give it a more uniform appeal.
3. Choose The Most Dependable Content Management System
This is one of the most critical decisions you will make for your website. There are numerous options to choose from such as WordPress, Joomla, SquareSpace, Drupal, and so many more. The list is so long that you are bound to get confused. Connect with a reliable web development services provider in your area to understand the pros and cons of every content management system.
The CMS that you choose is going to depend on what kind of website you wish to develop. If it is an online marketplace, the CMS functionality is going to differ a lot as opposed to something that is only informative and focuses on various market trends and industry insights.
4. Let’s Talk About The SEO Aspect
Yes, Search Engine Optimization is very important for your website. If you intend to define SEO, it is a set of practices that you must follow to make your website easily visible on leading search engines such as Google, Bing!, and Yahoo.
Search engines are able to index and rank your website based on the primary and secondary keywords that you have utilized in your website content. These are the same keywords that your users will use to search for your website on the internet. The primary SEO practices that you should be focusing on right from the start include the following:
- Focusing on your keyword research and implementation
- Optimizing your website code for faster loading time
- Applying for an SSL certificate for your website so that your web pages are secure
- Optimizing your website for mobile use on the go
- Collecting positive reviews about your website from all your loyal customers
- Implementing internal linking throughout your website and its pages to enhance the reading experience of your user
- Social media linking across platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, and many more
5. Webmaster Tools Are A Necessity
A lot of first-time website developers and entrepreneurs who haven’t had any experience with the digital world end up underestimating the power of Webmaster Tools. It is very important for you to understand how your website is performing.
Therefore, you should install Google Analytics and also the Google Search Console among other relevant tools. They allow you to gather useful information about the success of your website. You can gather critical data regarding:
- Keywords that your users are using to search for your website
- Errors on your website
- Broken links that you may need to remove soon
- The average time that your users spend on your pages
- Number of views and clicks
- Daily and monthly visitors to your web page
- Download and upload times
Creating a website is very easy these days. But what is really going to bake your noodle nicely is how you are able to make it a success. These tips can help you get a lot closer to your goal.